[CANUFNET] Looking for Tree protection bylaws in CanadianMunicipalities

Cory Manton Cory.Manton at saanich.ca
Mon Sep 13 10:37:36 EDT 2010

Geoff,

Here is our slightly outdated Tree Protection Bylaw. We are in the
process of developing an Urban Forest Strategy in Saanich and one of the
key recommendations is to review and amend our Bylaw. I have attached
our UFS as well if you want or have time to read.

Once we complete this we can send along the changes.

Thanks,

Cory Manton

Urban Forestry, Horticulture and Natural Areas Manager
District of Saanich

phone:  (250) 475-5488
fax:        (250) 475-5525

cory.manton at saanich.ca
www.saanich.ca ( http://www.saanich.ca/ )

PPlease consider the environment before printing this email.

>>> "McLeod, Geoff (IS - Parks)" <Geoff.McLeod at Saskatoon.ca> 9/10/2010
7:44 AM >>>

We have come to a point in Saskatoon where we need to start to
readdress our tree protection policy.  This year alone, we anticipate
the loss of ¾ million dollars to construction projects.  I have been
requested by council to address how we are protecting our trees from
construction(Ironic as they are driving the development).  Anyways,  I
would appreciate any documentation for your respective municipalities
(urban or rural) that I may be able to take a look at so I can start
rewriting our policies and turn them into a potential bylaw.

Thank you everyone

p.s. time is ticking away for the 2010 ISA Prairie Chapter conference
here in Saskatoon.  Check out www.isaprairie.com for information about
the conference as well as the Tree Climbing Championships.

Geoff

“Vision without action is a daydream: Action without vision is a
nightmare!”

Geoff Mcleod BSc., BSF., MSc.
Superintendent Urban Forestry/Pest Management
City of Saskatoon
1101 Ave P. North
Saskatoon, SK S7K 0J5
office: 1.306.975.2537