[CANUFNET] Green Infrastructure Ontario Coalition - survey and workshops

LEAF - Janet McKay janet at yourleaf.org
Mon Feb 14 11:17:05 EST 2011

The newly formed Green Infrastructure Ontario Coalition is working to gain
provincial recognition and support for living green infrastructure (urban
forests, green roofs, living walls, natural storm water ponds, etc).

Please see www.greeninfrastructureontario.org
<http://www.greeninfrastructureontario.org/>  for information on the goals
and activities of this group.

There are two items in particular where we are asking for your
participation.

Survey

Please complete our quick online survey
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7MYHG2M>  to help us gauge green
infrastructure challenges and opportunities across Ontario. We need your
input to learn what's working, what barriers you face, and what needs to
change.   Deadline for survey submission is Feb 28th, 2011.

Consultative Workshops

Please join us at one of six training/consultative workshops being held
across the province between March 2nd and April 14th.  Locations include
Toronto, Peterborough, Cornwall, Cambridge, Thunder Bay and Windsor.  We
need your insight on green infrastructure opportunities and barriers as well
as best practices. Click here for details and to register
<http://www.greenroofs.org/index.php/eduprogram/green-infrastructure-ontario
-workshops>

Join us! Collectively our voices will have a much greater impact.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all, and please
forward this message to any of your contacts who might be interested.

Thanks,
Janet

Janet McKay, Executive Director
LEAF (Local Enhancement and Appreciation of Forests)
Artscape Wychwood Barns
601 Christie St, Suite 253
Toronto, ON  M5G 4C7
416-413-9244 x17