[CANUFNET] Senior Support for municipal urban forestry programs

John McNeil JMCNEIL at oakville.ca
Tue Oct 11 10:47:11 EDT 2011

I was astonished and impressed to hear about the Province of Manitoba's support for urban forestry at the ISA Prairie Chapter's AGM last month in Winnipeg.

Imagine how much more canopy your community might have if the senior level of government in your Province had a similar commitment, not to mention a coordinated EAB Response that spanned watersheds?

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those municipalities in Manitoba who are part of the DED management program for their inspirational work.

Am sharing with my SMA friends in case they can use constructively to build upon their existing infrastructure model through the Forest Service ( a model which does not exist in Canada).

John McNeil, RPF
Manager, Forestry Services
Parks and Open Space
Town of Oakville | 905-845-6601 ext.3395 | f: 905-338-4227 | www.oakville.ca<http://www.oakville.ca/>

[cid:image26200d.JPG at f4272510.43a92e60]
Vision: To be the most livable town in Canada
ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.
http://www.oakville.ca/privacy_statement.htm