[CANUFNET] FUEL MANAGEMENT - seeking sample RFPs

Phillips, Lauren lphillips at city.pg.bc.ca
Tue Nov 22 15:53:10 EST 2011

Hello,
The City of Prince George has been conducting fuel management treatments for a number of years to reduce our interface fire hazards.  Our initial Request For Proposals (RFP) and subsequent contract was changed, modified and extended several times over the years, as our needs and focus evolved.  That contract has now expired.  We would like to put out a new, clear RFP for a contractor that we can have on hand whenever we receive grants/funding for fuel management projects that involve small forestry equipment and a selective, low impact approach.  (This is separate from any JOP or JCP funding opportunities that arise).

Does anyone have a sample RFP we could use as a starting point, or have suggestions about how other communities approach the pricing end of things when each treatment site is so different?

We'd appreciate any help other communities can provide in the next couple weeks.  Cheers,

Lauren Phillips, RPF
Urban Forester
City of Prince George
Tel:  250-561-7702