[CANUFNET] Fwd: Roots causing damage to Gas and Oil pipelines

Julian Dunster jadunster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 12:32:11 EST 2011

The moisture issue and how it attracts roots to pipes has been known for
years. I recall Matheck discussing it and I am sure it is documented. I
have never heard of the corrosion aspect before. Ask for some evidence
showing that roots have caused the corrosion.

On Behalf of Dunster and Associates Environmental Consultants Ltd.

Dr. Julian A Dunster R.P.F., M.C.I.P., ISA Certified Arborist,
ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist # 378,
PNWISA Certified Tree Risk Assessor # 1.

www.dunster.ca