[CANUFNET] Job Safety Analysis

Mark Brown BrownMW at dnv.org
Thu Dec 1 11:19:00 EST 2011

Hi Michelle,
I would recommend contracting the services of a registered Kinesiologist to conduct an ergonomic assessment of the work practices.
We did this for our urban forestry operations back in 2003 and from the recommendations we developed safe work practices for all of our operations.

This exercise has drastically reduced musculoskeletal injury (MSI) injuries and claims for our section.

Our Human resources department helped out with the costs of hiring the Kinesiologist and as I recall it was not an expensive undertaking.

Regards

Mark Brown, RPF Cert. Arb.
Community Forester
District of North Vancouver