[CANUFNET] Call for Abstracts on Urban Hydrology for CWRA/CGU Conference in June 2012

Julie Schooling ju2 at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 9 14:14:21 EST 2012

Greetings,

We believe that the following invitation is of interest to your members, and
would greatly appreciate its distribution to your email list as soon as
possible. Thanks for your help in spreading the word!

Regards,
Julie

Call for Abstracts on Urban Hydrology for CWRA/CGU Conference in June 2012

The joint Canadian Water Resources Association/Canadian Geophysical Union
conference, Elements 2012, is taking place at the Banff Centre in Alberta
from June 5­8, 2012. Julie Schooling, MScES Candidate, and Dr. Darryl
Carlyle-Moses, Chair of the Geography Department at Thompson Rivers
University, invite you to present at a Special Session we are co-convening
at the conference on the following topic.

> Hydrology and the Urban Biophysical Environment (session HW5)
> This special session explores quantitative and qualitative effects of
> urbanization on hydrology and watershed function, as well as management and
> design projects (e.g., green infrastructure) to address issues including
> imperviousness, flooding, pollutant loading, and altered interception loss and
> evapotranspiration. Presenters are encouraged to discuss application and the
> governance context of their findings.

Abstract submission deadline is February 15, 2012. For Abstract submission
guidelines and templates, and for more information on the Elements 2012
Conference, please see http://www.elements2012.ca/program.htm#SS.

Please take a moment to distribute this invitation to colleagues who have
results to share or case studies to showcase. We look forward to your
Abstracts and your participation in this exciting multi-disciplinary event.
For more information on the special session, contact:

Julie Taylor Schooling
Candidate, MSc in Environmental Science, Thompson Rivers University,
Kamloops, BC
Email: ju2 at shaw.ca