[CANUFNET] (no subject)

John McNeil JMCNEIL at oakville.ca
Wed Feb 15 10:20:58 EST 2012

Hi Travis:

I really like your link to Google maps that you provide the user.

We have three open databases:

(1) for our 138,000 Street and Park trees: http://explore.oakville.ca/maps/Default.aspx?LINK=LINKURL&LINKTYPE=Street.and.Park.Trees.View|AshTreatment.View|Relief.BaseMap|OrthoPhoto.BaseMap|&Xmin=605869.726695453&Ymin=4813318.23884514&Xmax=606468.321225976&Ymax=4813650.13284227/this
This includes a colour code for the approx. 6,000 ash trees on our Ash Tree Treatment Program for EAB.

This has been very well received by residents and members of Council who use it.

(2) for our 43,000 private ash trees locator: http://www.oakville.ca/assets/general%20-%20residents/eabl-howtousemap.pdf

(3) for our 858 ha. Woodlands layer- under development ( inventory complete; digitizing forest stand polygons under way)

Keeping the data up to date requires a formal internal feedback process and reflecting the impact of future tree growth on the appropriate tree attributes has been the focus a recent project ( with the Faculty of Forestry at U of T and the U.S. Forest Service) through development of  growth algorithms for Fraxinus and Acer ( which we can share).

Regards,

John McNeil, RPF
Manager, Forestry Services
Parks and Open Space
Town of Oakville | 905-845-6601 ext.3395 | f: 905-338-4227 | www.oakville.ca<http://www.oakville.ca/>

[cid:image19de9f.JPG at ee32c6f9.4780fce3]
Vision: To be the most livable town in Canada
ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.
http://www.oakville.ca/privacy.html