[CANUFNET] defining nuisance trees

Brad Doff braddoff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 13:05:27 EDT 2012

I'm looking for examples of what other municipalities consider a 'nuisance
tree'. If you have a moment to send me a working or formal definition your
municipality uses that would be helpful.

Also how does your municipality process a nuisance tree request? If the
tree does not pose a risk to people or property (hazard) how do you process
these requests? Do you refuse the request (and remove the tree only if it's
a hazard) or do you use another form of objective/subjective filter? If it
is removed, based on a homeowner's request, is there a fee associated with
the removal/replacement?

Many thanks for any details you can provide.

Brad

--
Bradley Doff | brad at smartgreening.com <brad at doff.ca>
807.629.7626