[CANUFNET] Preserving Mature Trees in Urban Public Parks

Croy, Owen OCCroy at surrey.ca
Fri Aug 10 16:54:20 EDT 2012

Gina:

I was recently in Chicago for the blues festival.  The weather was hot,
and thousands of people had parked themselves in the shade under the
trees in the park (see attached photo).  You could contact the Chicago
Park folks and find out if they have a plan or strategy for managing
people and trees, as they have been doing this for quite some time.

Owen Croy

Manager of Parks

City of Surrey