[CANUFNET] REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN: Urban Forests & Political Ecologies Conference 2013

Adrina Bardekjian info at adrina.ca
Thu Aug 23 16:46:21 EDT 2012

Urban Forests & Political Ecologies: Celebrating Transdisciplinarity
Toronto, ON - April 18-20th, 2013

Dear CANUFNET members,

Registration is now open!

This three-day conference covers a wide range of topics related to urban ecologies and political transgressions.

We are delighted to announce our keynote speakers and the panel themes for the 2013 Conference:

1) Historical Narratives - Dr. Joanna Dean, Carleton University
2) Urban Tree Cultures: Identities and Perspectives - Dr. Owain Jones, University of Gloucestershire
3) Social Inclusion in the Urban Forest: Scalar injustices and community connections - Dr. Nik Heynen, University of Georgia
4) From Government to Governance: Redefining politics - Dr. Cecil Konijnendijk, University of Copenhagen
5) Urban Ecology Pedagogies: Innovative approaches to education - Dr. Richard Kahn, Antioch University
6) Adaptation and Vulnerability in the Urban Forest - Dr. Giovanna Di Chiro, Nuestras Raices Inc., and Swarthmore College

The Call for Proposals is open until October 15th, 2012. We welcome submissions from academics, graduate students, professionals, practitioners and artists. We are particularly interested in inter-and-transdisciplinary approaches and encourage artistic expressions and performance pieces. See attached for Submission Guidelines.

For more information please visit: www.ufpe.ca

Warm regards,

UFPE Conference Committee 2013
Urban Forests & Political Ecologies: Celebrating Transdisciplinarity
www.ufpe.ca