[CANUFNET] Thank God for the Canadians

John McNeil JMcneil at oakville.ca
Thu Nov 8 14:31:05 EST 2012

Three cheers to my fellow Canadian SMA colleagues…your interest in the SMA Live Cast next week has prompted this “thanks” from SMA Executive Director Jerri LaHaie:
“Turn about is fair play, given John McNeil’s  "Thank God  for the US Forest Service" cry, I have to say Thank God for the Canadians--Martha Barwinsky has signed up 9 people for the livecast and Kathy Lee, Richmond, BC has signed up 10.”
For those who still wish to sign up here is the information:
I hope you will join us from the comfort of your own computer next Tuesday, Nov 13, 2012.  For the first time ever, we are offering a Livecast of the conference.  Like a webinar, only better, you will see the presenter as well as the powerpoint presentation, be able to raise your hand and ask questions, and see videos from our sponsors and exhibitors.  Registration is only $159 for SMA members.  If you get 5 or more people together, registration is $129/person.  That's right, we will give you $30/person that you can use to provide lunch, a large TV screen, or use for room rental.  The theme of the conference is RISK, something all communities must deal with. Get several of your staff together, invite other departments, your local tree board or non-profit members and share the wealth!  Can't sit still?  That's ok, if you get interrupted or need to leave, you can access the entire program for 60 days after it's over.  And, you'll get 6 CEU's.  This is a new initiative for SMA, we want all of you to be able to experience the conference.  Please be a part of this inaugural event, the more the merrier.  You will find details on the SMA website, or you can contact myself or Paul Johnson, pjohnson at tfs.tamu.edu<mailto:pjohnson at tfs.tamu.edu> for more information.  Please forward this to anyone you think may be interested in joining us.  "See" you in Sacramento!  Register now here.<http://bit.ly/Qs6lh8>
Jerri J. LaHaie, CAE, Executive Director
Society of Municipal Arborists
P.O. Box 641
Watkinsville, GA 30677
phone: 706-769-7412 fax: 706-769-7307
email: UrbanForestry at prodigy.net<mailto:UrbanForestry at prodigy.net>
webpage: www.urban-forestry.com<http://www.urban-forestry.com>
Follow us on Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/SMAonline>

John McNeil, RPF
Manager, Forestry Services
Parks and Open Space
Town of Oakville | 905-845-6601 ext.3395 | f: 905-338-4227 | www.oakville.ca<http://www.oakville.ca/>

[cid:image2f8e97.JPG at 4f22694b.47a2470a]
Vision: To be the most livable town in Canada
ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.
http://www.oakville.ca/privacy.html