[CANUFNET] Backyard tree propagation programs

Amber Cantell amber.cantell at reforestlondon.ca
Sun Nov 18 09:41:16 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

ReForest London is currently looking into the possibility of doing a
backyard tree propagation program where we would distribute
volunteer-collected tree seed to homeowners to grow in their backyard for a
few years and then donate the saplings back to us for use in tree planting
projects. I was wondering if anyone has heard of similar initiatives we
might be able to learn from? I've spoken to Oakville Green about their
project (
http://www.oakvillegreen.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=5&Itemid=54),
but they're the only group I've found doing anything along these lines so
far.

Many thanks!
Amber Cantell

Project Manager, ReForest London