[CANUFNET] LEAF is Hiring - Residential Planting Programs Assistant

LEAF - Melissa Williams melissa at yourleaf.org
Wed Jan 16 17:15:08 EST 2013

Residential Planting Programs Assistant

Are you an experienced office administrator looking to put your skills
to work to improve our communities? If you want to build a career in
making a positive environmental change, this job is for you! LEAF is a
non-profit organization dedicated to the protection and enhancement of
our urban forest. We are currently seeking a self-motivated, highly
organized individual to support our residential tree planting programs
through administrative duties, customer service and general program
support.

The program assistant will provide support for all of LEAF’s
residential planting programs focusing on administrative duties.  The
list below outlines the major tasks specific to each program area,
however additional tasks will be assigned as needed. This position may
also contain field work components depending on the skills and
experience of the successful candidate.

General Responsibilities

-Front-line customer service
-Ongoing client communications
-Order processing
-Invoicing, payment processing and financial recording
-Data entry
-Booking appointments
-Conduct research as needed
-Coordinate training and events with partner organizations
-Assist in program evaluation process
-General program support as needed
-Promote LEAF programs and services by assisting with community events
when needed

Qualifications

-Undergraduate degree
-Minimum two years’ experience in office administration and customer service
-Superior customer service skills
-Meticulous attention to detail
-Some experience with financial record keeping
-Experience with Simply Accounting an asset
-Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint)
-Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
-Creative problem solver
-Effective time management skills
-Demonstrated ability to excel in a team situation
-Education, training, skills or experience in urban forestry issues
will be considered major assets
-Experience in the environmental/non-profit sector preferred
-Valid drivers license considered an asset

Full time position (35-40 hrs/week).  Compensation commensurate with
experience and qualifications.

Please send resume and cover letter by Wednesday, January 30th at 5PM
to: Melissa Williams, Manager, Residential Planting Programs, melissa
[at] yourleaf.org. Applications will be considered as they are
received.  No phone calls please.

LEAF is an equal opportunity employer.  We regret that only those
applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.

--

Melissa Williams
Manager, Residential Planting Programs
LEAF - Local Enhancement & Appreciation of Forests
Artscape Wychwood Barns
253 - 601 Christie St.
Toronto, ON M6G 4C7

416.413.9244 ext. 11