[CANUFNET] FW: Green Ash in Alberta and Saskatchewan

Russell Eirich REIRICH at regina.ca
Wed May 22 10:35:46 EDT 2013

Hi Andy,

If you are looking for natural stands best bet is to look in the
Qu'Appele Valley which stretches across Saskatchewan.  Specifically I
would focus in on the chain lakes around Fort Qu'Appelle.

Hope that helps.

Russell

Russell Eirich B.Sc.(adv)
Supervisor - Urban Forestry Section
(306) 777-6676
e-mail: REIRICH at regina.ca

>>> "Andi Noakes" <anoakes at nd.edu> 5/22/2013 7:21 am >>>

Hello everyone!

My name is Andi Noakes and I am a graduate student from the University
of Notre Dame in Indiana, U.S.  I am coming to Alberta and Saskatchewan
in June to look for natural green ash stands, but I am hoping to find
some before I leave so that I am not wandering around aimlessly.  These
provinces are at the edge of this tree’s range, but I feel strongly that
there are some natural stands in the Edmonton area and hopefully some in
SK as well.

Please feel free to email or call me if you know where I might be able
to find some.  I would like to get about 30 individual samples per
location, but I am willing to take much less, especially at the edge of
the range.

Thank you all for your help!
Andi
anoakes at nd.edu
307-699-2561

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only for the
addressee and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged
material. Any unauthorized review, distribution or other use of or the
taking of any action in reliance upon this information is prohibited. If
you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete or
destroy this message and any copies.