[CANUFNET] Aphid thresholds

Ken Snowden KSnowden at abbotsford.ca
Fri Oct 4 12:29:27 EDT 2013

Thanks Ian,

The reference is interesting and mimics some of the conclusions we have
observed.

We react to call levels/numbers.  Individual streets have learned this
strategy and will have each resident on the street phone in requesting
resolution to the problem.  This has become cyclical and we now expect
their calls, prompting their expectation of a crews arrival to alleviate
their  problem.   Mere blocks away, trees dripping in honeydew prompt no
calls at all.   Is it fair that we respond only to those that complain?
I would prefer to implement a system that  would see us address the
issue using quantifiable data, rather than customer complaints.  This is
why we are looking to develop a baseline threshold which we can fall
back on to.

Thanks for the advice..

Ken