[CANUFNET] (no subject)

Mike Rosen MRosen at treecanada.ca
Fri Feb 21 14:50:37 EST 2014

Dear CANUFNET subscribers:

I am pleased to introduce that Adrina Bardekjian has been appointed as Tree Canada's new Program Manager, Urban Forestry. As many of you know, Tree Canada is the Secretariat for the Canadian Urban Forest Strategy<http://treecanada.ca/files/4513/6793/9384/CUFS_July20_2012.pdf> for which the CANUFNET listserv is hosted. Adrina will be moderating the listserv, taking over from Andy Kenney who deserves much credit in maintaining this great communication resource for many years. We encourage you to keep contributing to CANUFNET!

Adrina will be responsible for delivering this fall's Canadian Urban Forest Conference, coordinating the Canadian Urban Forest Network and implementing the Canadian Urban Forest Strategy. This new position is being funded by TD Bank Group.

She is an urban forestry researcher, writer and educator. As an Associate of Tree Canada since 2006, she has initiated a number of projects including the Compendium of Best Management Practices for Canadian Urban Forests<http://tcf-fca.ca/programs/urbanforestry/cufn/resources/pages/resources_bmp.html> and Building International Bridges for Forest Futures<http://www.adrina.ca/Adrina_Bardekjian/Armenia,_Building_Bridges.html>. She holds a B.A. in Creative Writing and Anthropology from Concordia University and a Master of Forest Conservation from the University of Toronto. She is currently a PhD candidate at the Faculty of Environmental Studies at York University developing her research on political ecology and urban forests.

I am sure you will agree that this represents a major step forward in the coordination of urban forest initiatives in Canada. Please join me in welcoming Adrina.

Michael Rosen, R.P.F.| President/Président | Tree Canada/Arbres Canada
470 rue Somerset St. West/ouest |Ottawa, ON K1R 5J8 | T: 613-567-5545 ext 222
mrosen at treecanada.ca/mrosen at arbrescanada.ca<mailto:lbanks at treecanada.ca/lbanks at arbrescanada.ca>
Growing better places to live | Des environnements plus sains prennent racine
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF2F14.4800B110]<http://treecanada.ca/en/>     [cid:image002.jpg at 01CF2F14.4800B110] <http://www.cufc11.ca/en/>