[CANUFNET] A Quick Urban Street Tree Inventory for Municipalities

rosswein at shaw.ca rosswein at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 14 13:12:28 EDT 2014

Hi Andy
I am exploring the protection status of rare and endangered plant species in Edmonton where we are fortunate to have the protection afforded by the North Saskatchewan River valley. Outside of the valley, naturalists are salvaging genetic material ahead of the rapid subdivision and industrial expansion. We do not yet have an official list of these species in Edmonton or well developed goals for these efforts.
I am seeking information from other Canadian urban centres that have developed policies, procedures, and research that ensures the protection of these rare and endangered species.
I look forward to hearing from members in the network.
Cheers
Ross

Dr. Ross W. Wein,
Professor Emeritus, University of Alberta
7135 Saskatchewan Dr., Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2A4
Tel: 780-436-0141; Email: rosswein at shaw.ca
University website: http://www.rr.ualberta.ca/en/ContactUs/ProfessorEmeriti/RossWein.aspx

Ask about our Book: Don't Worry Mom, I'll Be Home for Christmas
(Danny Wein's story of his motorcycle trip, his near death crash in South America,
and his 13 years of recovery)