[CANUFNET] Green streets technical guidelines being developed in Toronto

LEAF - Janet McKay janet at yourleaf.org
Sun Oct 26 12:11:36 EDT 2014

An exciting call for proposals from the City of Toronto to develop Green
Streets Technical Guidelines.  You will see from the description they are
looking to integrate green infrastructure into the Complete Streets
approach.

This is very exciting for green infrastructure.  The Green Streets Technical
Guidelines will bring together stormwater management, urban forests.
transportation, urban design, etc.  The call closes Nov 12th.

<https://wx.toronto.ca/inter/pmmd/calls.nsf/0/93A017059610BBD685257D7A0064C9
15?OpenDocument>
https://wx.toronto.ca/inter/pmmd/calls.nsf/0/93A017059610BBD685257D7A0064C91
5?OpenDocument

I learned about it from Sheila Boudreau, an urban designer/landscape
architect with the City of Toronto.  We are on the Toronto Cancer Prevention
Coalition's Shade Committee together.  For those of you on twitter, you may
want to follow her, as she often posts photos of her green infrastructure
projects.

 <https://twitter.com/SheilaBoudreau> https://twitter.com/SheilaBoudreau

Janet McKay, Executive Director
LEAF (Local Enhancement and Appreciation of Forests)
Artscape Wychwood Barns
253-601 Christie St
Toronto, ON  M6G 4C7
416-413-9244 x17