[CANUFNET] Ontario Urban Forestry Strategy

Adrina Bardekjian abardekjian at treecanada.ca
Wed Nov 12 09:05:17 EST 2014

Sent on behalf of Michelle Sawka, Project Manager, Green Infrastructure Ontario Coalition:

Attention Ontario Urban Forestry stakeholders:

The Green Infrastructure Ontario Coalition<http://www.greeninfrastructureontario.org/> is developing a list of asks for the Ontario provincial government. Through broad stakeholder consultation, our aim is to develop clear and consistent messaging with the goal of gaining support and funding for managing Ontario's urban forests. Our intent is to:

1)      Develop a comprehensive list of provincial policy asks to the shared amongst stakeholders.

2)      Build the case for priority asks through case studies and information sharing.

3)      Continue to advocate for urban forestry at the province and provide resources for other stakeholders to do the same.
We are hoping for your help in identifying priority asks. We are wondering: if you could make three urban forestry related requests of the Ontario provincial government, what would they be? Please help us by filling out your answer in this quick survey.<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WTHJMfo0BGkigDmVAmY1p9Icq3qo77tT3ebplRX-SAw/viewform?usp=send_form>

This work is a component of an Ontario Urban Forestry Strategy currently in development. If you are interested in being involved or learning more about the strategy, please contact Michelle at msawka[at]greeninfrastructureontario.org. The Ontario strategy will support tasks in the Canadian Urban Forestry Strategy that require a province-specific context and plan.

Curious about GIO? We are a collaborative alliance of organizations working to promote and support green infrastructure across the province. Our vision embraces not only a healthy environment, but also the economic and fiscal well-being of Ontario. Our members include businesses, local governments, not-for profits, community groups and conservation authorities. Please consider joining us, more information is available here<http://www.greeninfrastructureontario.org/join-coalition-2http:/www.greeninfrastructureontario.org/join-coalition-2>.

Best Regards,

Janet McKay, Executive Director, LEAF, Chair, Green Infrastructure Ontario (GIO) Coalition
Carla Grant, Executive Director, Trees for Life, Co-Chair, GIO Urban Forest Subcommittee
Michelle Sawka, Project Manager, Green Infrastructure Ontario (GIO) Coalition

Adrina Bardekjian, MFC, PhD Candidate (ABD)
Program Manager, Urban Forestry | Gestionnaire des programmes en foresterie urbaine
Tree Canada/Arbres Canada
470 rue Somerset St. West/ouest |Ottawa, ON K1R 5J8 | T: 613-567-5545 ext. 230
abardekjian at treecanada.ca / abardekjian at arbrescanada.ca<abardekjian at arbrescanada.ca%20>
treecanada.ca<http://treecanada.ca/> / arbrescanada.ca<http://arbrescanada.ca/>

Growing better places to live | Des environnements plus sains prennent racine

[cid:image001.png at 01CFFE57.C6E72280]<http://www.treecanada.ca/> [cid:image002.jpg at 01CFFE57.C6E72280] <http://www.cufn.ca/>