[CANUFNET] Tree Risk Management Program

Alan Kemp Alan.Kemp at nanaimo.ca
Wed Jan 28 19:28:04 EST 2015

I'm working on a Tree Risk Management Program for the City of Nanaimo. We have an Urban Forest Management Strategy and have written a new Management and Protection of Trees Bylaw which was passed by Council a year ago last December. Next step is the Tree Risk Management Program.

I have reviewed some Tree Risk Management formats, but am wondering what mapping programs people are finding best suited for inventory purposes and secondly what kind of Policy statements are out there.

Alan Kemp
Urban Forestry Coordinator
Certified Arborist, Certified Tree Risk Assessor
Community Development
City of Nanaimo
250 755 4460 (local 4357)
alan.kemp at nanaimo.ca