[CANUFNET] trees and cars

ConsultingArborist careofthetrees at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 04:26:56 EDT 2015

>From an article in the Reutlingen (Germany) newspaper this morning:

Some 25% of all car-crash fatalities occur as a result of collisions with
trees. To manage their liability, regional authorities are often too quick
to fire up the chainsaws, according to local environmental organizations.
Establishing new minimum distances from roadways for new plantings is one
option being considered.

>From what I'm reading, no one has suggested that telling drivers to slow
down is a possible solution. Duh.

Oliver K. Reichl, B.E.S.(Hons)
Principal / Consulting Arborist-Ecologist*
Arborsphere Arboriculture & Urban Forestry Consulting
18 Larue Mills Road
Mallorytown, ON, K0E 1R0
Tel: 613-923-8833
Web: www.oliverkilian.com/treecare, Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oliver-K-Reichl-BESHons-Consulting-Arborist/192125024193992>

* ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist #553
  ISA Certified Arborist #ON-1178A
  Ontario Butternut Health Assessor #039
  ISA Tree Risk Assessor Qualified
  OUFC Heritage Tree Inspector