[CANUFNET] This Friday September 25 - UBC Urban Forestry Program launch

Kwei, Robert Robert.Kwei at ubc.ca
Mon Sep 21 14:50:04 EDT 2015

Hello CANUFNET!

If you're in the Vancouver area, please join us in the official launch of our Urban Forestry Bachelor program this Friday, September 25, 2015 at 6:30PM at the University of British Columbia. RSVP online<http://nfw.forestry.ubc.ca/urban-forestry-launch/>

Join Andrea Reimer<http://vancouver.ca/your-government/andrea-reimer.aspx> (Deputy Mayor of Vancouver), John Innes<http://profiles.forestry.ubc.ca/person/john-innes/> (Dean of the Faculty of Forestry), Mike Rosen<https://treecanada.ca/en/about-us/staff/> (President of Tree Canada), and John Madden <http://planning.ubc.ca/vancouver/about-us/leadership-team> (Director of UBC Sustainability and Engineering) in celebrating the launch of our new Bachelor of Urban Forestry program<http://www.forestry.ubc.ca/students/undergraduate/prospective/degree-programs/urban-forestry-degree/>! A reception will follow the announcement.

[cid:image001.png at 01D0F463.5A180E50]<http://nfw.forestry.ubc.ca/urban-forestry-launch/>

We will also be hosting a Beyond on Inferno<http://nfw.forestry.ubc.ca/beyond-the-inferno/> event with a rapattack demo and talks before the official launch to celebrate National Forest Week and the UBC centennial. Visit our National Forest Week<http://nfw.forestry.ubc.ca/> website for all the details.

Beyond the Inferno Speakers
Be part of the dialogue and hear from those on the front line:

  *   Lori Daniels<http://nfw2015.sites.olt.ubc.ca/beyond-the-inferno/speaker-bios/> (UBC Forestry) - Wildfire: More good than harm
  *   Lyle Gawalko<http://nfw2015.sites.olt.ubc.ca/beyond-the-inferno/speaker-bios/> (Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations) - Climate change adaption without getting burned
  *   Jed Cochrane<http://nfw2015.sites.olt.ubc.ca/beyond-the-inferno/speaker-bios/> (Parks Canada) - Managing fire with fire for resilient landscapes
  *   Bruce Blackwell<http://nfw2015.sites.olt.ubc.ca/beyond-the-inferno/speaker-bios/> (B.A. Blackwell & Associates Ltd.) - Catching fire: transformative management of Canadian forests
  *   Stephen Sheppard<http://nfw2015.sites.olt.ubc.ca/beyond-the-inferno/speaker-bios/> (UBC Forestry) - Can videogames save urban forests from climate change?

Please feel free to forward this to anyone interested. We will be posting a video of the talks online one week after the talks. Please email me if you wish to be notified when the video is posted.

Kind regards,
Robert Kwei

Web Co-ordinator | Faculty of Forestry | Dean's Office
The University of British Columbia | 2651 - 2424 Main Mall
P: 604.822.1861<tel:604.822.1861>
E: robert.kwei at ubc.ca<mailto:robert.kwei at ubc.ca>