[CANUFNET] canopy cover target

Janet McKay janet at yourleaf.org
Mon Jun 27 10:18:27 EDT 2016

I like the spirit of what you are saying here Dirk and couldn't agree
more.  In our work engaging citizens in urban forest stewardship I see the
value in reaching high and being able to convey the fact that we have a lot
of work to do to get to an ideal place.  While I definitely understand the
parts of the discussion around the science and what is achievable,
realistic, etc., I've also seen the motivational power of high targets for
citizens and decision makers.  Professionals and other stakeholders will
need to work hard to break down those targets into achievable milestones
over time. But there is something powerful in having aspirational targets
that push us to envision more.

Message: 1