[CANUFNET] Stump grinders

Russell Eirich REIRICH at regina.ca
Mon Dec 5 17:09:29 EST 2016

Hi

We have used a stump grinder like this and are pleased with the results.   It allows us to redo vacant tree wells in the down town corridor.

For ours we  started with a bobcat drill attachment for post holes.  Then we made it so it could swap a backhoe to bobcat depending on need - by and location.   The "bit" was then a special order designed for stumps which is what I believe you are really talking about.  The blades of the bit can be exchanged or flipped much like a chipper blade when they get dull.   The only recommendation I would have is buy a larger diameter bit -ex 24 inch as a smaller bit becomes a little more difficult to use on large stumps.  Our current bit is about a 12 inch diameter - we'd like bigger.

I am sending you two videos of it in use.   The first is when we started up on a new stump.  The second is the stump about ½ complete.  This was our first day out with the machine so the operator was new to this procedure.

Hope this helps

Russell