[CANUFNET] Input requested: Urban forestry education

Bardekjian, Adrina Adrina.Bardekjian at ubc.ca
Fri Dec 9 08:11:45 EST 2016

Dear colleagues:

As part of my postdoctoral research working with my academic supervisor, Dr. Cecil Konijnendijk van den Bosch, through the University of British Columbia, over the coming year we will be examining various methods employed for urban forestry education in higher learning across Canada.

My research considers questions around knowledge, affect and agency, and examines opportunities for student engagement and inter-and transdisciplinary urban forestry education in higher learning. The research questions that we are examining include: What are the underrepresented narratives / storylines in Canada’s urban forestry education? Do educators see that research and pedagogy in urban forestry is inter- and/or transdisciplinary? With whom do they work in terms of other disciplines? How does this relate to teaching practices: are there similar alliances, or is the collaboration different?

We have started this research and we are currently looking for contacts who work in academic settings who are willing to share their insights.

We greatly value your time and would appreciate your input.
Please respond directly to me at: adrina.bardekjian at ubc.ca

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Adrina and Cecil

********
Adrina C. Bardekjian, MFC, PhD

Postdoctoral Research Fellow | Faculty of Forestry | Department of Forest Resources Management | The University of British Columbia
Totten Fellow, USDA Forest Service Northern Research Station, New York City Urban Field Station
UVR Working Group, Toronto Cancer Prevention Coalition

t: 416-819-8705
e: adrina.bardekjian at ubc.ca
w: www.adrina.ca<http://www.adrina.ca>
@AdrinaBard