[CANUFNET] IUFRO Wind and Trees Conference July 2017

Adrina Bardekjian via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Thu Jan 12 15:57:49 EST 2017

Sent on behalf of Stephen Mitchell:

________________________________

From: Mitchell, Stephen [mailto:stephen.mitchell at ubc.ca]
Subject: IUFRO Wind and Trees Conference July 2017

I would like to draw your attention to the IUFRO Wind and Trees conference this July in Boulder Colorado.

This group includes researchers from around the world who investigate the physics and biology of wind effects on trees and stands, ecological impacts of storms on forests, storm damage prediction and mitigation. We meet every 3-4 years, most recently in Brazil.

Here is a link to the conference website https://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wind-and-trees

The call for abstracts has been extended to February 17th.

I would appreciate it if you could distribute this through your contacts within the ISA and urban forestry communities in North America, and overseas.

Regards,

Steve
_________________________________
Stephen J. Mitchell, PhD, RPF
Associate Professor
Director, Master of Sustainable Forest Management Program
University of British Columbia
Department of Forest and Conservation Sciences
Forest Sciences Centre 2424 Main Mall, Room 3038
604 822 4591

Adrina C. Bardekjian, MFC, PhD
Manager, Urban Forestry Programs and Research Development
Gestionnaire des Programmes forestiers urbains et du d?veloppement de la recherche
Working days for TC: Mondays through Thursdays
Jours de travail pour AC: lundi ? jeudi

Tree Canada | Arbres Canada
470 rue Somerset St. West/ouest |Ottawa, ON K1R 5J8
abardekjian at treecanada.ca / abardekjian at arbrescanada.ca
treecanada.ca<http://treecanada.ca/> / arbrescanada.ca<http://arbrescanada.ca/>