[CANUFNET] tree protection

Philip van Wassenaer via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Thu Jan 19 14:35:03 EST 2017

We are using CAD, GPS and GIS for various components of our work. These are
the tools that all the other professional involved in these projects are
using as well so we need to be able to get them what they need.

Generally we see the surveyor as the professional that can provide the tree
locations with required accuracy. After that someone else on the team needs
to add in a scaled canopies and Tree Protection Zones. We either provide TPZ
and tree hoarding requirements  to the team or prepare those details if we
have the budget in our bucket.

I agree that the industry needs to mature to a profession if we are to be
taken seriously and get a place at the table at the start. This is where we
need to be if we are to have a chance to work properly with the trees.

Cheers,

Philip van Wassenaer, B.SC., MFC
Urban Forest Innovations Inc.
1331 Northaven Drive
Mississauga ON L5G 4E8
Tel:  (905) 274-1022
Cell: (647) 221-3046
Fax: (905) 274-2170

www.urbanforestinnovations.com

UFI has moved! Please note our new address.