[CANUFNET] CTLA Plant Appraisal Guide 10 Edition - Not ready for publication

Julian Dunster via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Fri May 12 11:22:59 EDT 2017

Thanks for the offline comments coming in. The PVAC has taken the step
of disseminating our concerns because we are concerned that there is
political pressure to publish the guide more or less "as is" rather than
engage in discussion about the technical errors, the biases, and the
lack of cohesion in the draft.

For anyone wanting to add support please send your comments to ISA Board
member Jim Flott  jim flott <cfconsults at comcast.net>

Jim is also concerned about the draft. The ISA Board of Directors needs
to hear of these concerns. The PVAC has been clear that publishing the
10th edition as written would be a massive disservice to the membership
and the profession in general. We hope to improve it but that is not
certain yet.

   jd

On Behalf of Dunster and Associates Environmental Consultants Ltd.

Dr. Julian A Dunster R.P.F., R.P.P.., M.C.I.P., ISA Certified Arborist,
ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist # 378,
ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified
BC Wildlife Danger Tree Assessor
Honourary Life Member ISA + PNWISA

North American distributor for Rinntech