[CANUFNET] Looking for advice on metal in trees and trees on slopes

via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Mon Jul 31 00:37:45 EDT 2017

I think removing the basket at just outside the bark would be best for the tree. A pare of heavy duty bolt cutters would probably be the easiest  and just let the tree heal over the the little bit left. Eventually the tree will finally seal off the wound with wall 4. I believe if the basket is left on the tree will have to keep that part open and if the tree gets big enough will push on the rest of the basket that is connected. This will put pressure on the outer layers of the tree and caus problems later.  I do though also agree with some of the other comments about leaving it as a warning to arborist who have to deal with the tree later. Depends on the significance on the tree and weather it is worth spending the time on it. who owns the tree and if they can or are willing to log the information to tell arborist of the hazards in the tree at future dates in case of tree removal (documenting with pictures and measurements).

Thank you

Shawn Riberdy