[CANUFNET] Human Faces, Forest Places: Call for Photo Submissions

Lorien Nesbitt via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Wed Aug 9 16:42:45 EDT 2017

Please circulate widely:

*Human Faces, Forest Places*
*A celebration of the diverse faces and places that comprise our urban
forests*

*CALL FOR PHOTOGRAPHY PORTRAITS*
In celebration of the diverse faces and places that comprise our urban
forests, we are crowdsourcing portraits and stories of urban forest
dwellers across Canada and around the world. Submissions will be exhibited
as part of a rolling digital collection at the Human Faces, Forest Places
exhibit on October 23rd, 2017, in Vancouver at the University of British
Columbia. Submission deadline is September 22, 2017.SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
1) Register and tell us your story
​here:
https://tinyurl.com/y8shrm7z2) Take a portrait of yourself (we recommend
minimum 300 dpi) and email it to urbanforestdiversity at gmail.com along with
your full nameOur interactions with urban forests fulfill a basic human
right to experience nature, a right that is fundamental to maintaining
quality of life in urban environments. With growing numbers of new
Canadians from across the globe moving to urban centres, and the pressing
necessity to acknowledge and participate in Reconciliation with Canada's
Aboriginal Peoples, it is becoming increasingly important to recognize
diversity and promote equity in how we manage our urban forests and access
to them. These are fundamental environmental and social justice issues that
face Canadian and international societies. Resolving these challenges
begins with a public conversation around understanding what diversity means
for urban forests and seeking ways to include residents of diverse
backgrounds and experiences in shaping urban forest spaces. We look forward
to your submissions!

Lorien Nesbitt, PhD Candidate, University of British ColumbiaDr. Adrina C.
Bardekjian, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of British ColumbiaFor
questions, contact: urbanforestdiversity at gmail.com
<urbanforestdiversity at gmail.com>