[CANUFNET] Cottony Ash Psyllid

Gerard Fournier via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Mon Sep 25 12:21:40 EDT 2017

Hi Sarah,

There has not been any luck at all treating this pest in Alberta. Most Manchurian and Black Ash have disappeared from the landscapes and urban forests of Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer and other towns, so I would not hold out too much hope in Saskatchewan. In fact, I would suggest putting your money into removal and replacement with immune species such as Bur Oak would be a better use of funds. Alternatively, you may want to get in touch with Bio-Forest and see if their product, Tree Azin could be used for this pest experimentally.  We tried Orthene and Confidor in Alberta with very dismal success. Actually, zero success.

Sorry to hear about this!

Best,

Gerard