[CANUFNET] Women in Arboriculture and Urban Forestry - We need your input! - Final reminder

Bardekjian, Adrina via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Fri Oct 20 11:13:28 EDT 2017

Dear members of the Canadian Urban Forest Network:

This is a final reminder about our research questionnaire for women working in arboriculture and urban forestry which will close on October 31st. For your reference, I include our initial letter below with the link to the survey.

If you have any questions, please do not reply to the list, rather contact me directly at adrina.bardekjian at ubc.ca<mailto:adrina.bardekjian at ubc.ca> (this is in accordance with UBC's privacy policies for survey requests).

Best regards,

Adrina C. Bardekjian, MFC, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow | Faculty of Forestry | Department of Forest Resources Management | The University of British Columbia
e: adrina.bardekjian at ubc.ca<mailto:adrina.bardekjian at ubc.ca>
w: www.adrina.ca<http://www.adrina.ca/>
@AdrinaBard

*********************
Women in arboriculture and urban forestry – We need your input!

Dear colleagues:

As part of my postdoctoral research working with my academic supervisor, Dr. Cecil Konijnendijk van den Bosch, through the University of British Columbia, Department of Forest Resources Management, over the coming year we will be examining the role of women in the fields of arboriculture and urban forestry.

In recent years, we are seeing more young women embrace opportunities and pursue careers in the fields, both in practice and study. The objective of this research is to assess the current status of women’s participation in arboriculture and urban forestry, with a focus on identity constructions and diversity; and to develop new models and tools for enhancing collaborative practice and transdisciplinary learning to increase participation by women in the industry.

We are currently looking for women in these industries, in Canada and the United States, who are willing to share their experiences and insights by participating in this online survey. This will take no longer than 15 minutes of your time. All contact information you supply during the survey will remain strictly confidential. All data will be collected using FluidSurveys. The version of FluidSurveys licensed to UBC is hosted in Canada and is fully compliant with section 30.1 of the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). Questions will deal with personal experiences as a woman working in urban forestry and/or arboriculture. The main study findings will be published in academic journal articles and through conference presentations.

Click here for the link to the survey: https://survey.ubc.ca/surveys/37-42ef660f71994ececc13632087d/women-in-arboriculture-and-urban-forestry/

We greatly value your time and appreciate your input. If you are willing to participate in our survey, click on the link above and respond by October 31, 2017. If you have any questions, please do not reply to the list, rather please contact me directly at adrina.bardekjian at ubc.ca<mailto:adrina.bardekjian at ubc.ca>.

If you know someone who should be included in our study, please share this note with them.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Adrina and Cecil

********