[CANUFNET] Dr. Ed Gilman Workshops with ISA Ontario

Adrina Bardekjian via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Thu Apr 12 11:09:38 EDT 2018

Sent on behalf of ISA Ontario

Please distribute widely!
======================

ISA Ontario is pleased to be welcoming Dr. Edward F. Gilman for a workshop series in April. With climate change and storms that are increasing in intensity, Dr. Gilman has the tools you need in your toolbox! Don't miss this opportunity to hear him speak. Registration is open until April 16:

Tuesday, April 24th - Guelph Arboretum - GUELPH, ON - 8:30am to 4:00pm
"Getting to the ROOT of the Issue" -
Can you imagine an entire day discussing the practical aspects of roots... Dr. Gilman can. Come experience what he saw from 1977 through to the present, excavating more than 3,000 tree root systems in eastern North America. There will be photos, videos, specifications, strategies, and discussion-lots of discussion of how to manage roots. Live demonstrations with an Airspade.

Friday, April 27th - Canada Agriculture and Food Museum, Three Sisters Hall - OTTAWA, ON - 8:30am to 4:00pm
 "Tree Biomechanics & Management: Why We Should Care & How to Execute It"
This workshop is packed full of advanced information on pruning, don't miss it! Ever wondered how and why most trees remain intact while others break apart? Prune at planting? I thought we didn't do that ~ Dr. Gilman will show you the way! Pruning plays a major role in a tree's longevity and advanced pruning techniques have a great impact on how the tree responds to gravity, wind and storms. Nursery stock specifications will be described, with examples; Tree Preservation strategies: develop an easy-to-use system of pruning trees of any age that is simple to teach to customers and staff; Writing pruning specifications: how to access, modify, and write pruning specifications. Live demonstrations.

For more information including registration information, please visit the ISA Ontario website: www.isaontario.com<http://www.isaontario.com/>  or call 1-888-463-2316. ISA CEUs will be available.