[CANUFNET] City of Coquitlam - Forest Management Technician job posting

Selk, Caresse via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Fri May 18 19:39:56 EDT 2018

Good afternoon,

The City of Coquitlam is currently looking for a Forest Management Technician to join our Urban Forestry and Park Services team.

Forest Management Technician
Regular Full Time
Parks, Recreation and Culture Services

The City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 140,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through the development of our green spaces, arts and culture, urban design and state-of-the-art transportation system. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
The City is currently recruiting for a Forest Management Technician to join our team. As part of a dynamic team in the Urban Forestry section in the Parks Department, the Forest Management Technician plays a key role in managing our Urban Forest including 2,000 acres of natural spaces. These natural spaces are highly valued by the community and are a refuge for vibrant wildlife populations and healthy runs of wild pacific salmon.
Reporting to the Urban Forestry Services Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for technical field work and public relations work related to the City's Urban Forestry policy, practices and procedures and the City's Tree Management Bylaw. They will assess individual trees and forest stands for risk and prescribe measures to mitigate any identified hazards. In addition, the successful candidate will develop site specific forest management treatments; conduct field inspections to confirm that tree protection measures are in place; perform wildfire fuel assessments to reduce wildfire risk; and establish and maintain liaison with a variety of internal and external contacts.
The ideal candidate will be eligible for registration with the Association of BC Forest Professionals as a Registered Professional Forester, Registered Forest Technologist, Forester in Training or Trainee Forest Technologist. They will have certification as an Arborist with the International Society of Arboriculture as well as their International Society of Arboriculture Tree Risk Assessor Qualification. An additional requirement is an applicable Driver's License as required by the British Columbia Motor Vehicle Act.
 A CUPE hourly rate of $34.29 - 40.48 is offered. Please attach a recent driver's abstract (within 30 days) to your application.   You will also be responsible for conducting a Police Information Check.

Please apply online by 5 p.m. June. 4, 2018 at coquitlam.ca/jobs<http://www.coquitlam.ca/jobs>.

The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.