[CANUFNET] Mature tree retention

JackRadecki via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Thu Aug 23 12:54:07 EDT 2018

After 42 years of work in the field, I would offer my opinion working with Sugar Maple on projects first hand. They are a very fragile, sensitive species. The roots are there  just below the ground. Even though the prescription will eleviate compaction and allow water and air to the root system, in the end you are still changing the environment after how many years?

Move the road if you can. It was done for the Bronte Road White Oak in Oakville and the tree was still there the last I looked.

Jack Radecki RCA 342