[CANUFNET] Research update: Women in arboriculture and urban forestry

Bardekjian, Adrina via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Wed Sep 5 07:07:30 EDT 2018

Dear CUFN Members,

Last fall we circulated a request for survey participants for our research through the University of British Columbia, examining women’s roles in urban forestry and arboriculture.

As part of our request we had indicated to let you know when results of this study would be shared. We recently had a panel presentation at the ISA International conference in Columbus, Ohio, on August 6th, and we have an upcoming presentation at the International Urban Forestry Congress in Vancouver, BC, on October 1st (http://iufcvancouver2018.com/Default.aspx?MenuID=6759). This presentation will follow with a panel discussion on issues addressing women’s experiences in our industries and sharing  participant perspectives on future urban forests. Thank you again to those who participated in our study and to those who took the time to circulate our request.

As a sneak peek into some of the topics we are discussing, here is a short film produced in collaboration with Fleming College in Ontario, “Women Branching Out: A diversity of careers in arboriculture and urban forestry”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8wdMseQaqI

We will keep you posted on forthcoming publications of our results.
Hope to see many of you at the IUFC.

Best,

Adrina C. Bardekjian, MFC, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow | UFORIA Research Group
Faculty of Forestry | Department of Forest Resources Management | The University of British Columbia
Totten Fellow, USDA Forest Service Northern Research Station, New York City Urban Field Station
UVR Working Group, Toronto Cancer Prevention Coalition
e: adrina.bardekjian at ubc.ca
w: www.adrinabardekjian.com<http://www.adrinabardekjian.com>
@AdrinaBard