[CANUFNET] SURVEY on urban tree species: forward widely

Jehane Samaha via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Sun Sep 16 11:59:03 EDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

My name is Jehane Samaha and I am a graduate student at the University of
British Columbia working with Cecil Konijnendijk. My research is about
urban tree selection criteria. In particular, I'm interested to understand
how professionals balance different (often opposing) criteria when
selecting street trees. I'm hoping to produce applied and helpful results
from the research to give back to participants.

Please consider taking my brief online survey (
http://tinyurl.com/urbantreeselection), and forwarding the blurb below to
any colleagues in the USA or Canada.

This is my final request-- I have 300 responses, and am hoping to reach 500
by the end of September! Any professionals (urban foresters, landscape
architects, and employees at nurseries, public gardens, and non-profits,
etc.) who are interested in urban trees are welcome to participate, and it
helps so much that folks have been spreading the word.

Thank you!
~Jehane Samaha

*Are you interested in urban tree species selection?We want to know your
thoughts!*

Consider participating in our Urban Tree Selection Study regarding the
priorities for tree species selection in cities across temperate North
America.

*Goal: *Professionals from public gardens, urban forestry, landscape
architecture, arboriculture, the nursery trade, non-profits, and academia
may hold a variety of views and preferences about which tree species should
be planted in cities. The goal of this research is to assess the current
tree selection priorities of professionals and to inform future planting
decisions.

*Study team:* This research is being conducted by graduate student Jehane
Samaha and her supervisor Dr. Cecil Konijnendijk van den Bosch, through the
University of British Columbia (UBC), Department of Forest Resources
Management. If you have questions about this research in general, or about
your role in the study, please feel free to contact either member of the
study team using the e-mails listed below.

The survey is available at this link: http://tinyurl.com/urbantreeselection

*Thank you!*
*Jehane Samaha (Primary Contact)*
Graduate Student
Faculty of Forestry, University of British Columbia
2424 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z4
Email: jsamaha at mail.ubc.ca

Email: cecil.konijnendijk at ubc.ca