[CANUFNET] City of Cambridge, Ontario: New Private Tree Bylaw

Grace Golightly via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Fri Oct 19 13:28:17 EDT 2018

Thanks for sharing that, Brian. I particularly appreciated the part about
"where the person convicted of an offense is a corporation", a fine of not
more than $50,000 per tree, up to $100,000 is permitted. I hadn't heard of
that before.

I would like to ask the list, what are the most progressive municipal tree
protection bylaws you've seen or heard about?
My city currently protects trees of any species after they reach 80 cm, but
it seems 20 cm is becoming more common in new bylaws (which makes sense,
and gives some hope we will actually have a few more 80-cm trees
eventually.)
Grace