[CANUFNET] Short video about the importance of trees from Halifax, NS

Debra Huron debra at debrahuron.com
Tue Dec 4 10:20:47 EST 2018

To David and all the folks involved in creating the video,

Thank you for creating a potent piece of propaganda that gives voice to
the diverse reasons why humans must take better care of trees in our
urban environment. I'd say you have touched on EVERY important point
that needs to be made on this topic. Bravo!
Please be aware that people in Ottawa who care about protecting trees
from the misguided and downright harmful policies and practices of our
municipal gov't are thrilled to circulate your video widely.  Here's a
blog post from a local group that I've been involved in since 2014. We
aim to represent the interests of thousands of mature trees in one  ward
of this city. We call ourselves BIG TREES of Kitchissippi.  [1]
Please know that myself and others are circulating your labour of love
to Ecology Ottawa, the Greenspace Alliance of Canada's Capital and
Community Associations Forum for Environmental Sustainability. We're
using social media to get the message out and I'm wondering if you have
set up Facebook or Twitter accounts for the video. If you're on Twitter,
are you using a particular hashtag?  Please advise.
best wishes, Debra Huron
**

-------------------
> Absolutely brilliant. Love it!!
>

>> On Nov 29, 2018, at 1:31 PM, David Foster via CANUFNET
>> <canufnet at list.web.net> wrote:>>
>> Hi CANUFNET folks,
>>
>> A collaboration between the Halifax Regional Municipality and
>> PLANifax, a local group of planning
>> enthusiasts/students/videographers has produced a new video about the
>> importance of trees to urban environments. Share widely to help
>> spread the word about the unsung heroes of our cities! Thanks for
>> your help getting it out.>>
>> YouTube: Trees of all Trades[2]
>> (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyXDjOamDj8)>>
>> Regards,