[CANUFNET] Short video about the importance of trees from Halifax, NS

Chartier, Michelle (CY - Parks) Michelle.Chartier at Saskatoon.ca
Tue Dec 4 11:41:00 EST 2018

Hi David,

This is a fantastic video. As I watched it I was thinking it could be Saskatoon (similar size with similar canopy) or any other Canadian City. I particularly liked the points made that tree size and location matter when it comes to trees. Large canopy trees are important and preserving trees for their long life is worthwhile. The final point is also so true too that  although we can list many services trees provide we also recognize most people don't think of all these calculated benefits when they see a tree. They just sense trees are good.

Thanks to those who collaborated on this video and thanks for sharing.

Michelle Chartier | tel 306.975.2537
Parks Superintendent Urban Forestry/Urban Biological Services
City of Saskatoon | 1101 Avenue P North | Saskatoon, SK  S7L 7K6
michelle.chartier at saskatoon.ca
www.saskatoon.ca<http://www.saskatoon.ca/>

From: CANUFNET [mailto:canufnet-bounces at list.web.net] On Behalf Of David Foster via CANUFNET
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:31 PM
To: Canadian Urban Forest Network <canufnet at list.web.net>
Cc: David Foster <David.Foster at Dal.Ca>
Subject: [CANUFNET] Short video about the importance of trees from Halifax, NS

Hi CANUFNET folks,

A collaboration between the Halifax Regional Municipality and PLANifax, a local group of planning enthusiasts/students/videographers has produced a new video about the importance of trees to urban environments. Share widely to help spread the word about the unsung heroes of our cities! Thanks for your help getting it out.

YouTube: Trees of all Trades<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyXDjOamDj8> (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyXDjOamDj8)

Regards,

David Foster

--