[CANUFNET] FYI: panel discussion on Women in Urban Forestry and Natural Resources

Bardekjian, Adrina Adrina.Bardekjian at ubc.ca
Wed Dec 12 09:17:42 EST 2018

Dear CUFN Members,

Recently, at the World Forum on Urban Forests in Mantova, Italy, as part of the US Forest Service Office of International Programs, in addition to several presentations throughout the conference, our delegation delivered three panel discussions, topics included: Youth Engagement; Women in Urban Forestry and Natural Resources; and Urban Agriculture and Community Stewardship (details attached).

If you were unable to join us in person, or via the streaming option, for your interest, I am sharing the public link recording to our panel on "Women in Urban Forestry and Natural Resources", with representation from Tanzania, Mexico, Columbia, Ukraine, Canada and the United States: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYmoEFEHXgo

The film we screened at the beginning of the panel, “Women Branching Out: A diversity of careers in arboriculture and urban forestry” which I produced in collaboration with Fleming College in Ontario, may be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8wdMseQaqI

Best,

Adrina C. Bardekjian, MFC, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow | UFORIA Research Group
Faculty of Forestry | Department of Forest Resources Management | The University of British Columbia
Totten Fellow, USDA Forest Service Northern Research Station, New York City Urban Field Station
UVR Working Group, Toronto Cancer Prevention Coalition
e: adrina.bardekjian at ubc.ca
w: www.adrinabardekjian.com
@AdrinaBard