[CANUFNET] Deadline extended to Jan 14: Arb & Urban Forestry Educators' Summit, May 19-22, 2019

Jess Vogt jessica.m.vogt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 14:04:52 EST 2019

FINAL CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS - Deadline EXTENDED to January 14, 2019
Do you teach urban forestry or arboriculture? Do you consider yourself an “educator” of urban forestry, arboriculture, or a closely related field?

Proposals are still being accepted for short talks, workshops, “stories,” and poster presentations for the
Arboriculture and Urban Forestry Educator’s Symposium and Summit <https://www.lufa-depaul.org/edsummit2019.html>
happening May 19-22, 2019 at the Morton Arboretum in Lisle, Illinois and hosted by the Morton and the International Society of Arboriculture.

The Symposium will offer an opportunity for professional educators in the field to gather and:
Share and discover best practices, methods, tips, and techniques for teaching, learning, and mentoring;
Discuss trends, opportunities, challenges, and solutions as related to educational institutions, programs, and practices; and,
Develop a plan for collaborating, communicating and coordinating for the future of higher and continuing education in our fields.

All are welcome to join as participants or contributors! We expect attendance from individuals at academic institutions, but also the many other types of educators we know contribute toward teaching urban forestry and arboriculture in all types of settings to all types of people.

Additional information and a link to the submission form is available here: https://www.lufa-depaul.org/edsummit2019.html <https://www.lufa-depaul.org/edsummit2019.html>

Questions? Contact the Educators’ Summit Program Chair Jess Vogt: jessica.m.vogt at gmail.com <mailto:jessica.m.vogt at gmail.com>

— — —
Jess Vogt
+1 920 850 2016   |   @jessvogt
Asst Prof, Env Science & Studies, DePaul University
Principal, LUFA: Lab for Urban Forestry in the Anthropocene   |   www.lufa-depaul.org <http://www.lufa-depaul.org/>
Associate Editor, Urban Forestry & Urban Greening
Vice Chair, Science & Research Committee, International Society of Arboriculture
Dir. of Research, Illinois Arborist Association
jessica.m.vogt at gmail.com <mailto:jessica.m.vogt at gmail.com>   |  jess.vogt at depaul.edu <mailto:jess.vogt at depaul.edu>