[CANUFNET] Tree Planting Programs

Naomi Zurcher treerap at sprintmail.com
Fri Nov 8 03:49:03 EST 2019

It would also be very interesting to learn what if any site selection and preparation as well as tree selection procedures and protocols were part of the larger planting criteria.

Most of the failures begin long before the tree actually gets planted - something that is rarely addressed. In addition, we keep planting and planting but we have never stopped to figure out how to sustain and maintain what we already have in the ground.

It might be professionally prudent to stop putting the cart before the horse and start analyzing how we can actually GROW what we plant well into maturity. We have the research and the strategies are out there. Now we need to make those strategies actionable so they find their way into the ground.