[CANUFNET] Trees: A natural way to be green this holiday season | Les arbres : un moyen naturel de penser vert pour les Fêtes

Carol Burnup cburnup at treecanada.ca
Thu Dec 5 17:06:49 EST 2019

A message from Tree Canada | Un message d’Arbres Canada
Le français suit l’anglais

[cid:image001.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]

[cid:image003.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]
Message from Danielle, CEO Tree Canada
When I was a child, I had a favourite tree. It was a large maple that grew in a patch of dirt that separated our house from our neighbour’s house. I don’t know who owned the tree as it had been planted exactly between our two properties, but it didn’t matter – it was simply, My Tree.

Read more of Danielle's message<https://treecanada.ca/blog/the-gift-of-a-tree/>

[cid:image004.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]
[cid:image005.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]<https://treecanada.ca/blog/the-quest-for-a-real-christmas-tree/>
The quest for a real Christmas tree

Winter is here again. Snow fell across parts of the country months ago, and even warmer climates in the south have been touched with the bristles of that white brush.

[By : Mike Petryk, Program Manager, Tree Canada ]

read more →<https://treecanada.ca/blog/the-quest-for-a-real-christmas-tree/>
[cid:image006.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]<https://treecanada.ca/blog/why-buying-a-fake-christmas-tree-just-doesnt-cut-it/>
Why buying a fake Christmas tree just doesn't cut it

At this point, the annual debate over buying a real or fake tree is older than the Charlie Brown Christmas special.

[By: Michael Rosen, President of Tree Canada]

read more →<https://treecanada.ca/blog/why-buying-a-fake-christmas-tree-just-doesnt-cut-it/>
[cid:image007.jpg at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]<https://treecanada.ca/blog/five-real-christmas-trees-to-choose-this-holiday-season/>
Five real Christmas trees to choose this holiday season

It’s a cherished holiday tradition: braving the crisp December air to bring home a fresh-cut Christmas tree. True evergreens present vibrancy that an artificial tree can’t match.

[By: Teo Guzu, Tree Canada volunteer guest blogger]

read more →<https://treecanada.ca/blog/five-real-christmas-trees-to-choose-this-holiday-season/>
[cid:image008.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]
[cid:image009.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]<https://treecanada.ca/plant-with-us/green-for-the-holidays/#tuques4trees>
#Tuques4Trees

Treat someone you love to a gift that keeps you warm and the planet cool.

For every $40 donation you make, you get:
·         one stylish Tree Canada tuque,
·         a tax receipt for the full amount, AND
·         a tree planted in the region your donation is made.

get a tuque now! →<https://treecanada.ca/plant-with-us/green-for-the-holidays/#tuques4trees>
[cid:image010.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]<https://treecanada.ca/plant-with-us/green-for-the-holidays/#ecards>
Holiday e-cards

Send your holiday wishes while offsetting emissions.

For every $30 donation you make, you get:
·         one holiday e-card to send to a loved one,
·         a tax receipt for the full amount, AND
·         FIVE trees planted according to our rigorous carbon protocol.

send an e-card now!<https://treecanada.ca/plant-with-us/green-for-the-holidays/#ecards> →<https://treecanada.ca/plant-with-us/green-for-the-holidays/#tuques4trees>
[cid:image011.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]
Canadian Urban Forest Network - Prairie Region Update

As I write this, it is actually November 5 and has been snowing all day, with -17 in tonight’s forecast for a low. So, I guess this means it is finally winter now on the Prairies?

read more →<https://treecanada.ca/blog/prairie-regional-urban-forest-update-november-2019/>

Canadian Urban Forest Network - Atlantic Region Update

The Atlantic Region saw a slow start to summer with June being a rainy month, July and August having typical seasonal temperatures. Urban centres were busy with tree inventories, maintenance and planting of trees.

read more →<https://treecanada.ca/blog/atlantic-regional-urban-forest-update-october-2019/>

TELUS Trees for paper – A program acting now to grow a legacy

Since 1998, TELUS and Tree Canada have partnered together to plant over 600,000 trees greening communities and schoolyards, restoring urban and rural forests, and bringing fruit and nuts to communities in the form of edible trees – all with a shared goal of growing better places to live, and for TELUS specifically, supporting communities where they live and work.

read more →<https://treecanada.ca/blog/telus-trees-for-paper-a-program-acting-now-to-grow-a-legacy/>

Save the Date! October 5 - 7, 2020

The next Canadian Urban Forest Conference is coming to Charlottetown, PEI! With the theme of Urban Forests in a Changing Climate: Building Resilience, the conference will be a forum where city and park planners, architects, arborists, researchers and health scientists may learn and share with a vision of building a better future for Canada's urban forests.

learn more →<https://venuewest.eventsair.com/cufc-2020/>
[cid:image012.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]

[cid:image013.jpg at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]<https://www.thebrick.com/>

We would like to give a big thank you to our friends at The Brick for their generous support. Together we’ve greened Canadian schoolgrounds, parks, and urban spaces and helped communities plant edible tree varieties. Thanks for getting your hands dirty and helping us to grow better places to live !

[Danielle St-Aubin, Chief Executive Officer, Tree Canada]

Let's keep in touch!
[Facebook] ‌<https://www.facebook.com/TreeCanada/> [Twitter]  ‌<https://twitter.com/TreeCanada> [Instagram]  ‌<https://www.instagram.com/treecanada/>

Donate to a greener, healthier tomorrow!<https://cause2give.unxvision.com/EDMWeb/DonationForm.aspx?FormID=5&LanguageID=1>

[cid:image001.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]

[cid:image017.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]
Un message de Danielle, Directrice générale, Arbres Canada :
Le changement climatique figurait en tête des priorités des Canadiens lors des élections fédérales. Il s’agit assurément d’un sujet brûlant qui suscite de nombreuses réactions sur ce qui pourrait et devrait être fait, mais une chose est certaine : les arbres sont nos alliés.

Continuez à lire le message de Danielle<https://arbrescanada.ca/blogue/le-don-precieux-des-arbres/>

[cid:image018.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]
[cid:image005.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]<https://arbrescanada.ca/blogue/a-la-recherche-dun-veritable-arbre-de-noel/>
À la recherche d’un véritable arbre de Noël

L’hiver est à nouveau là. Depuis plusieurs mois déjà, la neige a recouvert certaines régions à travers le pays de son manteau blanc.

[ Par: Mike Petryk, Gestionnaire de programme, Arbres Canada ]

continuez de lire →<https://arbrescanada.ca/blogue/a-la-recherche-dun-veritable-arbre-de-noel/>
[cid:image019.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]<https://arbrescanada.ca/blogue/acheter-un-arbre-de-noel-artificiel-nest-pas-le-meilleur-choix/>
Acheter un arbre de Noël artificiel n’est pas le meilleur choix

Ah, doit-on acheter un arbre de Noël artificiel ou naturel? Une question qui suscite des débats depuis bien longtemps!

[Par: Michael Rosen, président d’Arbres Canada ]

continuez de lire →<https://arbrescanada.ca/blogue/acheter-un-arbre-de-noel-artificiel-nest-pas-le-meilleur-choix/>
[cid:image020.jpg at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]<https://arbrescanada.ca/blogue/cinq-arbres-de-noel-veritables-a-choisir-pour-les-fetes/>
Cinq arbres de Noël véritables à choisir pour les Fêtes

C’est une tradition incontournable du temps des Fêtes : braver le froid perçant du mois de décembre pour ramener à la maison un arbre de Noël fraîchement coupé.

[Par: Teo Guzu, rédacteur invité, Arbres Canada ]

continuez de lire →<https://arbrescanada.ca/blogue/cinq-arbres-de-noel-veritables-a-choisir-pour-les-fetes/>
[cid:image021.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]
[cid:image022.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]<https://arbrescanada.ca/plantez-avec-nous/du-vert-pour-les-fetes/#1tuquepour1arbre>
#1tuquepour1arbre

Faites plaisir à un être cher en offrant un cadeau qui tient chaud, tout en gardant la planète au frais.

En faisant un don de 40 $, vous recevrez:
·         une superbe tuque Arbres Canada,
·         un arbre planté dans la région de votre choix, ET
·         un reçu fiscal correspondant au montant total de votre contribution!

commandez votre tuque dès maintentant! →<https://arbrescanada.ca/plantez-avec-nous/du-vert-pour-les-fetes/#1tuquepour1arbre>
[cid:image023.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]<https://arbrescanada.ca/plantez-avec-nous/du-vert-pour-les-fetes/#cartesvirtuelles>
Cartes de vœux virtuelles

Envoyez vos meilleurs vœux tout en compensant vos émissions de carbone.

En faisant un don de 30 $, vous recevrez:
·         une carte de vœux virtuelle,
·         cinq arbres plantés selon notre rigoureux protocole de compensation du carbone, ET
·         un reçu fiscal correspondant au montant total de votre contribution!

envoyez une carte virtuelle dès maintentant! →<https://arbrescanada.ca/plantez-avec-nous/du-vert-pour-les-fetes/#cartesvirtuelles>
[cid:image024.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]
Réseau canadien de la forêt urbaine – Nouvelles de la région des Prairies

Au moment où j’écris ces lignes, nous sommes le 5 novembre, il a neigé toute la journée et on annonce 17 en soirée comme température minimale. J’imagine que cela signifie que l’hiver est enfin arrivé dans les Prairies?

continuez de lire →<https://arbrescanada.ca/blogue/reseau-canadien-de-la-foret-urbaine-region-des-prairies-november-2019/>

Réseau canadien de la forêt urbaine – Nouvelles de la région Atlantique

La région de l’Atlantique a connu un timide début d’été avec un mois de juin pluvieux, suivi de températures de saison en juillet et août. Les centres urbains ont été occupés par les inventaires, l’entretien et la plantation d’arbres.

continuez de lire →<https://arbrescanada.ca/blogue/mise-a-jour-sur-la-foresterie-urbaine-dans-la-region-de-latlantique-octobre-2019/>

Programme Des arbres pour notre papier de TELUS : agir aujourd’hui pour bâtir l’héritage de demain

Depuis 1998, TELUS et Arbres Canada se sont associés pour planter plus de 600 000 arbres qui ont permis de verdir des collectivités et des terrains d’écoles, de restaurer des forêts urbaines et rurales, mais aussi d’apporter des fruits et des noix aux collectivités grâce à des arbres comestibles. Notre objectif commun : nous assurer qu’un environnement plus sain prend racine, mais aussi, pour TELUS en particulier, appuyer les communautés là où elles vivent et travaillent.

continuez de lire →<https://arbrescanada.ca/blogue/programme-des-arbres-pour-notre-papier-de-telus-agir-aujourdhui-pour-batir-lheritage-de-demain/>

À vos agendas! Du 5 au 7 octobre 2020

La prochaine conférence canadienne sur la forêt urbaine s’en vient à Charlottetown (Î.-P.-É.)! Organisée autour du thème « Les forêts urbaines face au changement climatique : renforcer la résilience », cette conférence offrira un forum aux planificateurs des villes et des parcs, aux architectes, aux arboristes, aux chercheurs et aux scientifiques du secteur de la santé pour apprendre et partager en vue de bâtir un futur meilleur pour les forêts urbaines canadiennes.

en savoir plus (en anglais seulement) →<https://venuewest.eventsair.com/cufc-2020/>
[cid:image025.png at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]

[cid:image026.jpg at 01D5AB8E.5780C420]<https://www.brickenligne.com/>

Nous tenons à remercier chaleureusement nos amis de Brick pour leur généreux appui. Ensemble, nous avons verdi des terrains d’école, des parcs et des espaces publics partout au Canada, mais aussi aidé des collectivités à planter des arbres comestibles. Merci de vous impliquer concrètement à nos côtés et de nous aider à nous assurer qu’ un environnement plus sain prend racine !

[Danielle St-Aubin, Directrice générale, Arbres Canada]

Restons en contact!