[CANUFNET] May Newsletter: The tenacity of trees | Notre infolettre du moi de mai: La ténacité des arbres

Valerie Molino vmolino at treecanada.ca
Fri May 22 12:31:00 EDT 2020

A message from Tree Canada

[cidimage001.png at 01D63034.2B9D2580]

[cidimage003.jpg at 01D63034.2B9D2580]<https://treecanada.ca/blog/the-tenacity-of-trees/>
The tenacity of trees
A friend of mine forwarded a blog post to me a few weeks ago – it was called “The Tenacity of Trees”. It consisted of a series of photos of trees growing in unusual places or under difficult circumstances. Some were growing straight out of concrete or through fences; some had fallen, but continued to thrive; and some, like the one in the photo below, were quietly standing their ground against all odds.

Read more of Danielle's message<https://treecanada.ca/blog/the-tenacity-of-trees/>

[cidimage004.png at 01D63034.2B9D2580]

[cidimage005.jpg at 01D63034.2B9D2580]<https://treecanada.ca/blog/let-the-trees-be-your-teachers-family-friendly-tree-activities-part-two/>
Let the Trees Be Your Teachers: Family-friendly tree activities – Part Two
Hooray, spring is finally here! The days are getting longer, the sun feels brighter and as budding begins, our trees become the stars of the show.

As restrictions ease across the country around the use and access to our green spaces and parks, it is an opportunity to experience the beauty and benefits trees provide us.

[by: Jennifer Feschuk, Community Event Coordinator and Education Officer, Tree Canada]

read more <https://treecanada.ca/blog/let-the-trees-be-your-teachers-family-friendly-tree-activities-part-two/> →<https://treecanada.ca/blog/why-buying-a-fake-christmas-tree-just-doesnt-cut-it/>

[cidimage006.png at 01D63034.2B9D2580]

[cidimage007.png at 01D63034.2B9D2580]<https://treecanada.ca/operationreleaf/emerald-ash-borer-releaf/>
Losing your favorite trees to bugs?
Tree Canada's #Operation ReLeaf - Emerald Ash Borer <https://treecanada.ca/operationreleaf/emerald-ash-borer-releaf/> program, in partnership with Lallemand Plant Care/BioForest, is supporting municipalities, not-for-profits and indigenous communities in Canada to protect our favorite trees against emerald ash borer and other invasive insects, such as European elm scale or gypsy moth.

Let's keep our trees alive and thriving!

Applications are due June 15, 2020.

apply now<https://treecanada.ca/operationreleaf/emerald-ash-borer-releaf/> →<https://treecanada.ca/blog/canadian-urban-forest-network-pacific-region-update-2020/>

[cidimage008.jpg at 01D63034.2B9D2580]<https://treecanada.ca/products/tree-seed-kits/>
Last Chance! Our tree seeds kits sale ends May 31!
Bring the trees inside and grow them in the comfort of you own home.

A fun hands-on learning activity for the whole family, our tree seeds kits are only $2 each until the end of May.

buy now <https://treecanada.ca/products/tree-seed-kits/> →<https://treecanada.ca/blog/why-buying-a-fake-christmas-tree-just-doesnt-cut-it/>

[cidimage009.png at 01D63034.2B9D2580]

[cidimage010.png at 01D63034.2B9D2580]<https://www.rbc.com/community-social-impact/>

Thank you to RBC Foundation<https://www.rbc.com/community-social-impact/> for partnering with Tree Canada! With their generous support, we will be able to plant 50,000 trees over the next two years across Canada!

Let's keep in touch!
[Facebook] ‌ <https://www.facebook.com/TreeCanada/> [Twitter]  ‌ <https://twitter.com/TreeCanada> [Instagram]  ‌ <https://www.instagram.com/treecanada/>

Donate to a greener, healthier tomorrow! <https://cause2give.unxvision.com/EDMWeb/DonationForm.aspx?FormID=5&LanguageID=1>

Tree Canada / Arbres Canada | 43 Eccles St., Ottawa, K1R 6S3 Canada

Un message d’Arbres Canada

[cidimage001.png at 01D63034.2B9D2580]

[cidimage003.jpg at 01D63034.2B9D2580]<https://arbrescanada.ca/blogue/la-tenacite-des-arbres/>
La ténacité des arbres
Il y a quelques semaines, un ami m’a transmis un billet de blogue intitulé « La ténacité des arbres ». Il s’agissait d’une série de photos d’arbres qui poussaient dans des endroits atypiques ou dans des conditions difficiles. Certains se dressaient à travers du béton ou des barrières, d’autres étaient tombés mais continuaient à se développer, tandis que d’autres encore, comme celui sur la photo ci-dessous, continuaient tranquillement à se tenir debout envers et contre tout.

Continuez à lire le message de Danielle<https://arbrescanada.ca/blogue/la-tenacite-des-arbres/>

[cidimage014.png at 01D63034.2B9D2580]

[cidimage005.jpg at 01D63034.2B9D2580]<https://arbrescanada.ca/blogue/laissez-les-arbres-etre-vos-professeurs-des-activites-en-lien-avec-les-arbres-pour-toute-la-famille-deuxieme-partie/>
Laissez les arbres être vos professeurs : Des activités en lien avec les arbres pour toute la famille – Deuxième partie
Hourra, le printemps est enfin là! Les journées s’allongent, le soleil semble plus éclatant et avec l’apparition de leurs bourgeons, nos arbres deviennent les stars du spectacle.

Alors que les mesures de restriction s’assouplissent à travers le pays concernant l’accès à nos parcs et espaces verts et à leur utilisation, profitons de l’occasion pour découvrir la beauté et les bienfaits que les arbres nous apportent.

[par: Jennifer Feschuk, Agente d’éducation et événements communautaires, Arbres Canada]

continuez de lire →<https://arbrescanada.ca/blogue/laissez-les-arbres-etre-vos-professeurs-des-activites-en-lien-avec-les-arbres-pour-toute-la-famille-deuxieme-partie/>

[cidimage015.png at 01D63034.2B9D2580]

[cidimage007.png at 01D63034.2B9D2580]<https://arbrescanada.ca/operationrenouvert/operationrenouvert-agrile-du-frene/>
Votre arbre préféré est infesté par des insectes?
L’#Opération Renouvert – Agrile du frêne<https://arbrescanada.ca/operationrenouvert/operationrenouvert-agrile-du-frene/>, en partenariat avec Lallemand Plant Care/BioForest, appuie des municipalités, des organismes sans but lucratif et des communautés autochtones à travers le Canada afin de protéger nos arbres préférés de l’agrile du frêne et d’autres insectes envahissants comme la cochenille de l’orme ou la spongieuse.

Aidons nos arbres à rester en santé et florissants!

Date limite pour les demandes : 15 juin 2020.

déposez une demande maintenant →<https://arbrescanada.ca/operationrenouvert/operationrenouvert-agrile-du-frene/>

[cidimage008.jpg at 01D63034.2B9D2580]<https://arbrescanada.ca/product/trousse-de-demarrage-semences-darbres/>
Dernière chance! Notre promotion sur les trousses de démarrage de semence d’arbre se termine le 31 mai!
Faites entrer les arbres dans votre intérieur et faites-les pousser depuis chez vous.

Une activité d’apprentissage pratique et amusante pour toute la famille : nos trousses de démarrage de semence d’arbre ne coûtent que 2 $ l’unité jusqu’à la fin du mois de mai.

acheter maintenant →<https://arbrescanada.ca/product/trousse-de-demarrage-semences-darbres/>

[cidimage016.png at 01D63034.2B9D2580]

[cidimage010.png at 01D63034.2B9D2580]<https://www.rbc.com/collectivite-impact-social/index.html>

Merci à la Fondation RBC<https://www.rbc.com/collectivite-impact-social/index.html> d’être partenaire d’Arbres Canada. Grâce à son généreux appui, nous pourrons planter 50 000 arbres à travers le Canada au cours des deux prochaines années!

Restons en contact!
[Facebook] ‌ <https://www.facebook.com/TreeCanada/> [Twitter]  ‌ <https://twitter.com/TreeCanada> [Instagram]  ‌ <https://www.instagram.com/treecanada/>

Faites un don pour un avenir plus vert et plus sain!<https://cause2give.unxvision.com/EDMWeb/DonationForm.aspx?FormID=5&LanguageID=2>

Tree Canada / Arbres Canada | 43 Eccles St., Ottawa, K1R 6S3 Canada

[TreeCanada Logo]
Valerie Molino
Communications Coordinator | Coordonnatrice des communications
613-567-5545<tel:613-567-5545> ext | poste 259
[Like Us On Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/TreeCanada/>[Follow Us On Instagram]<https://www.instagram.com/treecanada/>[Follow Us On Twitter]<https://twitter.com/treecanada>treecanada.ca<applewebdata://BDD3833A-BE90-44DD-A75E-4846034FE1C0/../../../../Dropbox%20(Tree%20Canada)/Tree%20Canada%20Team%20Folder/Communications%20&%20Marketing/BRANDING/Email%20Signature/treecanada.ca> | arbrescanada.ca<applewebdata://BDD3833A-BE90-44DD-A75E-4846034FE1C0/../../../../Dropbox%20(Tree%20Canada)/Tree%20Canada%20Team%20Folder/Communications%20&%20Marketing/BRANDING/Email%20Signature/arbrescanada.ca>
Donate<https://cause2give.unxvision.com/EDMWeb/DonationForm.aspx?FormID=5&LanguageID=1> | Plant  with Tree Canada<https://treecanada.ca/plant-with-us/>
Faites un don<https://cause2give.unxvision.com/EDMWeb/DonationForm.aspx?FormID=5&LanguageID=2> | Plantez avec Abres Canada<https://arbrescanada.ca/plantez-avec-nous>