[CANUFNET] Constructing Driveways within Critical Root Zones

Naomi Zurcher treerap at sprintmail.com
Tue Jul 14 17:07:50 EDT 2020

Actually, permeable pavers do not allow water / air to pass through the paver itself.Those pavers are either porous or pervious. Permeable pavers direct the water into the joints that surround each otherwise impermeable paver.

All paving requires some form of maintenance and that needs to be a requirement if the usage of all these pavings. Every one of them comes with a maintenance protocol. If this were a parking lot, porous asphalt would be a viable solution but since this is a private driveway, then porous or pervious could work well provided that the maintenance regimen is followed.

Naomi