[CANUFNET] City of Toronto council to rule on contined fundraising that will protect 250-year-old oak tree in North York

Debra Huron debra at debrahuron.com
Fri Nov 20 17:02:17 EST 2020

I received a message from Edith George, who has spearheaded the plan to save the red oak tree in Toronto. She is providing background and details on the support needed to ensure the fundraising effort by the City of Toronto continues after December 11, 2020. A crucial council meeting will occur November 25.
Below are details on what you can do to influence council's decision, especially if you live in Toronto.

*MM26.9* <http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2020.MM26.9>

I need your help to ensure council votes for Option B, as follows:**
**
*Option B*
1. City Council authorize the Executive Director, Corporate Real Estate Management to waive the condition precedent contained in the Agreement of Purchase and Sale between the City and the owners of 76 Coral Gable Drive to allow the purchase transaction to proceed and authorize the Director, Toronto Office of Partnerships to continue with its fundraising toward the development of the parkette.

2. City Council authorize the Executive Director, Corporate Real Estate Management to complete the contemplated transaction set out in the Agreement of Purchase and Sale between the City and the owners of 76 Coral Gable Drive on behalf of the City, including paying any necessary expenses, amending the closing, due diligence and other dates, and amending and waiving terms and conditions, on such terms as they consider reasonable.

3. City Council amend the 2020 Council Approved Parks, Forestry and Recreation Capital Budget and 2021-2029 Capital Plan to create a new capital sub-project called "76 Coral Gable Drive Acquisition" in the Parkland Acquisition project as outlined in Confidential Attachment 1 to the report dated November 18, 2020 from the Executive Director, Corporate Real Estate Management, including all fees and disbursements, to be funded from donations received and the Parkland Acquisition West District Local Land Acquisition Reserve Fund (XR2202).

*We are getting very close to our target to purchase to property where the heritage red oak is located.  We just need a bit more time.  Please support Option B*
**
  Key points:
§  Send the letter to *councilmeeting at toronto.ca* and cc to *councillor_perruzza at toronto.ca*  and  cc to *Rachel.Scott at toronto.ca*

§  Clerk's advice is to email letters by Tuesday afternoon, however they will accept up until the point that the item has been considered
§  It will then be added to the agenda item
o   When submitting comments that are intended for consideration by Council, _please clearly indicate_ the following details:
§  That you are submitting comments for distribution to Council
§  The name of the item and the item number (*Member Motion MM26.9, **250 Year Old Oak Tree - 76 Coral Gable Drive*)
§  The name of the Committee and the date of the meeting (*City Council, Meeting 26, November 25 & 26th, 2020*)
§  Indicate in the email if you're ok with the letter being posted online (or not).

In your email please write:

To Whom It May Concern:

*I am supporting Option B of Motion MM26.9  250 Year Old Red Oak Located at 76 Coral Gable Drive*
**
**_Than explain why you are supporting Option B, if you wish to expound  go ahead._**
**
*Add your name.*
**

Thank you for your support.   So very close.**

Edith George
39 Verobeach Blvd.
Toronto, Ont.
M9M 1P7