[CANUFNET] Norway Maple Propagation

Dwayne Gilbert Dwayne.Gilbert at mississauga.ca
Fri Jan 8 16:06:36 EST 2021

Yes, you read that right... my friend has a Norway maple that her recently deceased mother gave to her a while ago but she might be moving and is wondering how to bring, in this case a portion, of the tree with her family to plant in their new home. (It won't be anywhere where they're not already surrounded by more Norway's) The tree is around 6 inches in diameter so relocating is not something they're considering.

We could just find one that's seeded itself somewhere but I was wondering if anyone has tried air layering with success on maples and perhaps even a Norway maple? Any leads or advice is appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Dwayne Gilbert