[CANUFNET] Trees and Capital Construction

Timothy Yeaman tim.yeaman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 10:56:38 EST 2021

Hi Crispin,

Here in Prince Albert we do not have the tools at this time to protect
trees the way I would like to see it carried out.  On that note we did see
a significant amount of trees removed last year for a project and as a
result we will be reviewing our internal processes and have a further
discussion on the roles each Department plays in the role of City Asset
Management.  One of the hurdles to overcome is how we view trees (are they
considered an asset?) and if so then we need to start placing values on
them and the second hurdle, further discussion in house and with Council on
working together to elevate Urban Forestry to a level that is sustainable
and makes sense from a man-power and budget perspective.  It is the small
steps that will matter in protecting the trees for future generations and
recognizing that having this conversation now is crucial to future
planning.  I would be interested to see what comes of your questions as it
could be very useful information for me in our strategic planning.

*Timothy Yeaman*

Parks Manager

Community Services

City Hall | 1084 Central Avenue